Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus P8H77-I Bios Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sapper6fd

sapper6fd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Hey all.  New member here.  

I'm having an issue with a new build I've just created.  Its an ASUS P8H77-I mobo with an i3-3240 processor and 8 GB of Ripjaws Memory and a Seagate ES.2 1 TB drive with Windows 7 installed.  I've configured it to Wake on Lan through the mobo's UEFI Bios.  Every time I turn the system on (and I'm thinking its related to the WOL being enabled as it never happened before I enabled it) I get the following error message when the system posts.

"The current BIOS settings do not fully support the boot device.  Click OK to enter the BIOS Setup.

Go to Advanced > Boot > CSM Parameters, and adjust the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings to enable to boot device)"

When I go into the BIOS as instructed to the CSM Paramaters, I've tried all settings and it doesnt make a difference.  The problem is fixed, the system boots up as it should.  The following time the system it booted up, it boots fine as well.  But the third time booting I need to go back into the BIOS again.  Just entering thee CSM Paramaters screen is enough. Reboot and its fine until the third time I try an boot. 

Any ideas on what causes this, or how I could fix it?

Cheers,

sapper6fd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Try clearing the CMOS.  This can be done by using the jumper by the CMOS battery, or removing the CMOS battery for thirty seconds and reinstalling it.

If this doesn't work you may need to replace the CMOS battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 sapper6fd

sapper6fd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Try clearing the CMOS.  This can be done by using the jumper by the CMOS battery, or removing the CMOS battery for thirty seconds and reinstalling it.

If this doesn't work you may need to replace the CMOS battery.

I've managed to determine this is an issue surrounding Windows 7.  This issue doesn't occur when I'm using Ubuntu on the same drive.  I cleared the CMOS and the battery should still be good (its a new mobo).  Still at a loss as to why this is occurring though.  

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Just entering thee CSM Paramaters screen is enough.

I missed this reading through the first time.  So the UEFI settings actually are not changing?

Just for the record, I've known batteries to be bad straight from the store.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users