Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FX-8150

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Keaganw.

Keaganw.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Okay,  So I just bought this processor and its the one that comes with a LCS. my Liquid Temperature is at idle is 91.8F ~31c and my cpu temp is 34c.

The main reason I am here is because well.. I do not know the normal temp that this processor should be at, and this is a gaming rig and I am going to be pushing this baby.

please let me know any information you have!

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

lol google "8150 stock temps", you'll find all the answers you need.

"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

#3 Keaganw.

Keaganw.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yeah. did that before I came here -_- no true answers...

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Looks like maximum temperature for that particular CPU is 61 degrees C or 141 F. Sometimes CPU temp operating ranges can be a bit difficult to track down, I kinda had to do a bit of sifting myself to find it, so don't feel bad.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-8150.html

Edited by the_patriot11, 06 March 2013 - 04:34 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yikes, I typed in google "8150 stock temps", first link was this nice lil article, http://www.overclock.net/t/1147440/fx-8150-temperature-readings/40 

KeaganW, just trying to make you aware that spending simply 20 seconds researching on google resulted me with an answer. Most of us have limited time in helping members here and prefer to answer more challenging questions. 

"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

turbo, with all due respect, sometimes things can be a bit difficult. Some of us are adept at searching things out-knowing the right key words and the like, some people dont. Second, that link you provided, is 6 pages long full of people talking about overclocking-and on that page, I didn't see the correct max core temp listed once. In fact, the only person that listed it, listed it as 55C and its wrong.

Now, members come here for help because they can't find the answer to their questions anywhere else. Like here, the max temp is not actually that easy-as is apparent by the fact your 20 second search didn't find it. I know you mean well-however, we at bleeping computer believe in helping everyone to the best of our abilities, and if that means taking 30 seconds out of our day to answer a question thats easy to us, then thats what we do, and we do it in a nice, professional manner, because we realize whats apparent to us-may not be apparent to someone else, and theres no need to be rude or condescending towards our members, and I encourage people to come here and ask for assistence if they can't find the answer to their question anywhere else. Maybe its hard to find, maybe they just dont know how to search, either way they won't learn if someone doesn't help them.

I suggest if you don't have the time to look up and answer a question, or feel its beneath you, then don't reply at all-move on to the next question, and allow someone else to answer, instead of being condescending-it gives BC a bad image.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

As far as i'm aware, AMD usually recommends a maximum of temperature of 61 or 62C for most Phenom II's and FX CPUs although you could run a bit more hotter, usually around the 70C range is the absolute limit. The temps your getting a pretty impressive :)

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#8 Keaganw.

Keaganw.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

@90awdturbo  your replies are very un-professional and right now your calling me lazy which I do not appreciate it is very disrespectful

@the_patriot11 than you for sharing your information kindly and professionally! and with your 2nd paragraph yes, it does give BC a bad reputation and after 90awdturbo stated what he did and what he has stated since well, lets just say

I may not visit this site often.. 

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Keaganw,

I don't blame you for the way you feel right now. Please do not let what has been said by 90awdturbo run you off.

I assure you that 99.9% of those who help here at Bleeping Computer do not have the attitude that he has. We are committed to helping you with your issues to the best of our abilities. We also respect the fact that everyone has various degrees of computer expertise. We were new to all this at one time and we had to learn a lot of things to get to where we are today. What we want to do is teach you and help you learn and encourage you as you do learn and try new things.

His comments and attitude are the exception and not the rule.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 March 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#10 Keaganw.

Keaganw.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Keaganw,

I don't blame you for the way you feel right now. Please do not let what has been said by 90awdturbo run you off.

I assure you that 99.9% of those who help here at Bleeping Computer do not have the attitude that he has. We are committed to helping you with your issues to the best of our abilities. We also respect the fact that everyone has various degrees of computer expertise. We were new to all this at one time and we had to learn a lot of things to get to where we are today. What we want to do is teach you and help you learn and encourage you as you do learn and try new things.

His comments and attitude are the exception and not the rule.

Nicely said, I may visit once and again, and Im in 2 computer classes in my High school right now so I will be of some help(Cisco course and ITE course)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users