Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop lcd inverter?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

I've reassembled two different laptops in the past couple days where, the screen seems a little bit dim compared to how it should look.  Not so dark that the bulb is bad or anything.  You can still see things fairly well... just, I am pretty sure it should be brighter.  One of them, I've tried a different inverter...  but, I can't say that the second one was better as it was a used one as well.  I'm not sure if that is the problem with either laptop but, what else would cause the screen to simply not get AS bright as it should?
I have to go replace some spark plugs on my van and, well a few other things I think.  But I do intend to check all the connections once again on at least one of these laptops.  I had tested the screen on it a week or so ago and it has just sat while we waited for other parts.  Got a replacement cable finally and got it all together and, I'm just fairly sure it was brighter before.
Could I have done something wrong?
This is one of those topics that just REALLY difficult to find through google.  Finding just the right words to search AND finding very specific info.  It's not always easy with some of these computer issues.  Some are easy to find and resolve... others are just a bit trickier. 
Hopefully I'll get it figured out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 millipede

millipede
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I was hoping to get some thoughts on this... 
I did quite a bit of googling and did find at least ONE discussion(on a mac forum) that said the bulbs in LCD screens DO lose brightness over the years.  I do believe these got dimmer in a short amount of time though.
One I'm not 100% sure of... but at least one of them came from a laptop I was using not long ago for other purposes and the screen was plenty bright.  So, I'm quite confused as to how it lost some of its brightness.
BUT, I happened to have one other screen that was not being used in the house that just happened to be compatible.  I  moved it and the connected inverter over to the one I was working on and everything was as bright as it should be.  So, that one worked out alright. 
But I'm going to be quite curios until I figure out something as to why it happened...  and if it was something preventable... like, did I do something wrong?  I'm careful when handling them.  Eh...  I just don't know.
Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users