Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malicious malware uninstalled all the programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 combatshadow

combatshadow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hi, there seems to be a malicious software on my laptop which has messed up my whole system. For the last one week, Google Chrome was acting strange as in it wasn't letting me view sites opened in other tabs and was hogging up a lot of memory. I simply ignored it, thinking it was a problem related to it being an outdated version.

Now since the last couple of days, I realized that almost all the programs and games have uninstalled itself, leaving most of the shortcuts broken. The application's folder have vanished and the game folders contain few MBs of data. Any application that I try to open gives me an error, saying that it doesn't exist. I believe some 100GB+ games/apps got wiped in the process.

Anyway, so I then tried restoring the system to an earlier point (2 weeks) to see if that helped. Most applications were restored but still there was problem running them as many were broken in most cases and the laptop felt very buggy. I then again restored to an older restore point (January) to see if it'd solve it but to no avail. I then restored it back to its original point (basically undo whatever I had done). I was then suggested by a friend to install MalwayreByte and scan the laptop and restore back to an earlier point (January), yet the problem of broken program links and system lag still persists. There were quite a few Trojan Horses that were detected/removed from D drive using MalwareByte. Here they are:
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOX
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOH
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VQC
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOS
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOZ
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VPK
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VQD
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VNZ
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOR
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VPI
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOM
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VPG
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VOL
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VPP
Trojan horse Exploit_c.VPL

Please suggest what could be the problem now and what should be done to fix the lag and the broken program links. I want to restore all the programs and games if possible and completely disinfect the system.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have seen few instances of this and if system restore doesnt fix the broken icons then there is no other way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users