Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How many nodes are on the Internet ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 help me 42

help me 42

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hey guys,

I have a school assignment,

and it asks how many ndoes are currently on the internet ?

I've been searching google with no luck.

Could someone direct me to a page that states this ?

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Define Node? Used in your question as it currently is phrased it becomes ambiguous. Also if you refine the term 'node' you can probably find the answer yourself.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 help me 42

help me 42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

my textbook says:

each connection point on a network is reffered to as a a node.

a network node usually contains a computer, networked peripheral, or network device.

#4 help me 42

help me 42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

So i guess, what i'm asking is how many nodes are on the biggest WAN of them all, the internet ?

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Not to make light, but I would say incalculable as the number is constantly in a state of flux. People turn devices on and off world wide. Devices fail and are replaced, some are not. Consolidation takes place. The number of nodes is not static at any time.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users