Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In trouble! Several laptops hit with unidentified "virus"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandomPerson67

RandomPerson67

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Hi, you know, honestly, this could have been going on for a while now but wasn't noticed until a 1-2 weeks ago... Both my laptop & my moms boyfriends laptop (win7 & win8) have had issues with my laptop (win7) being the worst to my knowledge.. Now I've ran every virus scanner that you could think of, along with several registry cleaners, did all sorts of checks, etc. If I am infected, it's damn good at hiding... This laptop has thousands of important files or I'd just reformat. I don't wish to reformat unless it's our final option. I've have kept an eye on my connections/IPs and didn't find anything strange.

Symptoms:

svchost.exe LAGS like a mfer! I was able to figure out that IIS was installed on my computer after finding an innetpub file in C:\ (I think it was there)  ~ So later on I was able to disable services connected with that and it stopped my svchost.exe lag.  (only observed on my laptop, I haven't looked at my moms boyfriends. ) IIS if I'm not mistaking is used to host a website?  No one EVER and I repeat EVER installed it or have ever even seen it before.

WmiPrvSE.exe - Was causing great lag too, but I had to disable it in order to continue using my laptop. (only observed on my laptop, I haven't looked at my moms boyfriends. )

MOUSE MOVEMENTS!!! - This bleep is terrifying. and no, I do NOT believe it was self caused mouse movement by mistake. And when the mouse does move, it normally makes it way to the corner or sides of my screen.. It's normally quick. This was also observed on my moms boyfriends laptop.. By both my mother and her boyfriend on multiple counts. Infact, when me and my mom were talking about the mouse moving by itself, my moms boyfriend almost bleep himself because he expierenced his mouse move clear across the page to the side of the screen ever so slowly.

Weird/unkown IP logged in my mom's gmail account. It only logged twice on feb. 22nd.

IP:64.62.201.14

ISP: Hurricane Electric

"Our Global Internet Backbone provides IP Transit with low latency,
access to thousands of networks, and dual-stack native IPv6+IPv4."

~ I don't understand any of that, but it seems to be more then just your average internet service provider.

~~~~

The following three symptoms haven't happened in a while, that I'm aware of.. (BUT STILL HAPPENED non the less)

Homegroup! I'm not sure what this is but my network created it without my doing/input. I disabled it.

Filesharing! Same thing happened! A few weeks ago, I was UNABLE to turn the f#@$#@$ off! It would start back up to allow sharing, etc. uponr estart. It had ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my files being shared.

Windows Media Player sharing?! That also was activated and I noticed it because of the CPU it was hogging!

I apologize for my spelling, spellcheck doesn't seem to work on this forum so please bare with me.

I don't know if anyone can help me or offer advice, but I appreciate you even reading this huge wall of text. Please help me.

Edited by RandomPerson67, 05 March 2013 - 05:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomPerson67

RandomPerson67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Forgot to mention something: Now, I don't know if this is malware related or thanks to my bleep around trying to fix my alleged malware problem, but this has been happening quite often but has since then nearly stopped since I've disabled a service regarding IIS, etc. My computer would attempt to connect to ANOTHER wifi network while already connected to mine. This would cause extremely slow internet spikes, etc. All of which was going on while I still have the svchost problem as mentioned above. As it was a secured network I attempted to connect in to in the past, I tried merging it with another network in attempt to prevent it from trying to auto connect to it WHILE maintaning my current home wifi connection. That didn't work, I then deleted all saved networks and it still didn't stop. It would still attempt to connect to the old deleted network ~ Today it tried connecting to an "unidentified network".

Edited by RandomPerson67, 05 March 2013 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users