Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's wrong with my computer? Plz help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xazavia

xazavia

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hi everyone. I am having a major problem with my computer. I just installed a new CPU today and I powered it on. It worked perfectly. Now here's the problem. Within 25 minutes of turning the computer on, it turns into some sort of windowed white screen. I posted a pic to show you. Any ideas on whats wrong? Pic of computer screen :https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4sR0dVqsUnfQVA3RTVYYzZHNFk/edit?usp=sharing
What I don't understand though is that the problem only happens when I'm on the admin account. It even happened when I was shutting down the computer from safe mode. Running windows vista basic 64 bit. Compaq SR5703WM

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

What CPU did you upgrade to?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 xazavia

xazavia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I upgraded from a Sempron LE-1250 to an Athlon 64 x2 4400+. By the way, it is a Compaq SR5703WM if I didnt mention it earlier.

#4 xazavia

xazavia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ok, it just happened two more times today. First time was about 10 minutes after I logged on and the next time was as zoom as I logged on.

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

It could possibly be overheating, did you reapply new thermal paste and placed the CPU cooler on correctly?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 xazavia

xazavia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

It could possibly be overheating, did you reapply new thermal paste and placed the CPU cooler on correctly?

I applied the thermal paste myself but according to pc meter, my temps are only about 40 degrees C, which was about the same temp as my other CPU. On other forums people have told me that it could be either a failing hard drive or the graphics card isn't seated correctly. But again, the kicker: all this only happens on the admin account. What could it be and why would it only happen to the admin account?

Edited by xazavia, 06 March 2013 - 06:34 AM.

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm not sure why it would happen on the admin account but i had a look at your system's specifications and it only uses integrated graphics not a dedicated graphics card. Hmm, i may need to consult someone with this, i'm basically stumped.

>Michael 

#8 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is the vga cable plugged into your monitor/motherboard snug?  Could be coming loose when something gets rattled...

"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

#9 xazavia

xazavia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'm not sure why it would happen on the admin account but i had a look at your system's specifications and it only uses integrated graphics not a dedicated graphics card. Hmm, i may need to consult someone with this, i'm basically stumped.

Can you let me know if you find an answer? Thanks.

Is the vga cable plugged into your monitor/motherboard snug?  Could be coming loose when something gets rattled...

All cables are plugged in snug

#10 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi, If it is only happening in the One account then the simplest cure is to create a new account, Transfer the data over and see what happens with the new account. As long as when you installed programs they were installed for all users then the only thing left is to setup email and browser favorites.

That is easy if you are using Internet explorer and fairly easy if you use Firefox and Thunderbird (Email).

The fact that it is only happening in one account indicates that it is not a hardware issue. There is also a possibility that something being loaded when the problem user is selected is the cause. Do you run the exact same programs in the other users that do not have this problem?

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users