Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Unhackme and Hitman pro safe?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TomDeLonge

TomDeLonge

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

as the title says i was just wondering if they're legit or not

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 g.k.

g.k.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334074/unhackme-by-greatis-software/

And here's a post about Hitman Pro by myrti:

I wouldn't recommend anybody to use it on the forums, simply because it's quite unreliable and does not produce any logs that would help you pin down what exactly hitmanpro deleted to render the PC unbootable.

To give an example, last I used hitman pro, it would not disinfect infected drivers, but simply delete them. Meaning it would delete core Windows drivers that had been patched and you would have to figure out which of the many crucial drivers of Windows was missing.

So yes, both are legitimate programs. However, unless you really know what you are doing, you can harm your computer. If you think you have a malware problem, I'd suggest you to start a new topic in the >>Am I Infected<< subforum instead of using these tools to solve your problem yourself. Also, please read >>this<< before starting your topic.

Edited by g.k., 05 March 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#3 TomDeLonge

TomDeLonge
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh Ty very much for replying. I was worried that the two especially unhackme weren't legit

#4 JenMorg13

JenMorg13

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

uuuggh... glad I read this.. I was going to try hitmanpro next.. I got my old hp working again.. but I still suspect some issues with it, so I  have been checking with some hopefully trustworthy on-demand scanners...tried malewarebytes, superantispyware and eset scanner.  I am running malewarebytes again today and the wierd thing is it found another threat again...not sure why it keeps coming back...

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

That UnHackMe thread referred to by g.k. was over 3 years old. I just updated the links for a few of the easier ARKS for novice users.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users