Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Broadcom 802.11

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Siish

Siish

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Help!!!! In device manager, Broadcom 802.11 is enable but in adapter settings, it is disable. If enable, it says enabling then enabled but still disabled. My wireless switch at the side is turned on also in function key + f5. I try to troubleshoot using windows and it says there might be a problem with the driver of the wireless connection adapter. The driver I installed is working the first time I installed it. I even try reinstalling it. 

This last three days my brother and sister use this computer. They said that we can't connect to the internet. We are using Globe broadband. When I got here, I still can see wireless connection but can't connect with mobile broadband connection. I reinstall the driver for mobile broadband then the wireless connection dissappear. I try uninstalling the driver for mobile broadband and reinstalling the driver for wireless connection but nothing happened. Attached File  wc.png   46.59KB   6 downloadsAttached File  Device Manager.png   37.66KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi,

Would I be right in thinking from your reference to the wireless switch and to Fn+F5 that you are using a laptop and the Broadcom wi-fi unit is built into it ? If this is the case, these can fail in ways to have you pulling your hair out and not show up in Device Manager. A simple solution would be to beg, borrow or steal a USB type wireless dongle - and possibly its driver software, depending on your operating system - plug it in and see if you get a wireless connection with that. If you do, then probably the on-board wi-fi unit has failed and by far the cheapest solution is to go and buy a USB type dongle.

By the way, looking at your device driver screenshot, are you aware that there is a possible problem with your DVD drive, it has a '!' symbol over it ?

Regards,

Chris Cosgrove

#3 starfireone

starfireone

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Download the latest driver for your Broadcom wireless 802.11 card and install/update it.

Thanks
Starfireone

www.nickscomputerfix.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users