Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stereo Mix Missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewSe

AndrewSe

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

XP SP3 Compaq NX6110

Driver Soundmax

Have tried to find some info on getting my Stereo Mix to be available as I want to record system sound. Watched a few tutorials on fixing this which involves downloading the driver and setting some code to 00 from 01 which enables stereo mix (wtf is it disabled in the first place you may ask!) but this was on a Dell pc and my driver files are different so I can't really copy those instructions.

Any pointers on how to get this stereo mix enabled on Compaq laptop? I've tried adding them from the audio properties and it's not there.

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by AndrewSe, 04 March 2013 - 07:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Compaq NX6110

ADI SoundMAX Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
Version:    5.12.01.5250 (28 Mar 2005)
Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional

sp30130.exe (8.2 MB)

(If it is not earlier than your current driver - link does work, may be slow to load):

Then check the audio properties in Sounds and Audio Devices, to see if you have the appropriate settings available.

Edited by petewills , 05 March 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#3 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Compaq NX6110

ADI SoundMAX Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP
Version:    5.12.01.5250 (28 Mar 2005)
Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional

sp30130.exe (8.2 MB)

(If it is not earlier than your current driver - link does work, may be slow to load):

Then check the audio properties in Sounds and Audio Devices, to see if you have the appropriate settings available.

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling my driver after posting and it never made a difference. Going to try scraping about in my technojunk box see if I have any male to male audio jack cables to short out the input to output.

Edited by AndrewSe, 05 March 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#4 AndrewSe

AndrewSe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Solved it by plugging up the mic and speaker with audio jack wire and as I am using camtasia to record, set this up as follows:

Tools > Record Camera

Then hit Set up button and in audio set up wizard dialog select radio button Microphone and System Audio

Hit next > set your audio level and your good to go.

Note you don't need to use record sound option in the camtasia recorder as plugging the audio in and out will do:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users