Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocked Out Of Certain Sites

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Melissasuz

Melissasuz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:56 AM

Hi, I just spent the last few days cleaning up my computer with help from the hijackthis forums. Now that my computer is cleaned up I have having trouble with my browsers. I downloaded mozilla and it has the same issues. I can't log into hotmail, go to sites like google, or do updates on certain spyware programs. I get the page that says that it us temporarily unable to connect to the site. This is driving me nuts. I can surf the net fine on some sites. I used the guide on this site to help me but nothing has worked.
Please help!!
Thanks a bunch.
Melissa :thumbsup:

Edited by Melissasuz, 03 April 2006 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:55 PM

Edit: Information removed due to misread of original post. Sorry for the confusion. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 April 2006 - 05:06 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Melissasuz

Melissasuz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:46 PM

No problem. I have gone through all of the suggestions on the tutorial but I still can't access certain sites. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

The first place I would look would be in your browser settings, to make sure that cookies, javascript, and activeX are enabled. If you are using IE, be sure to put those sites you are having problems with in the Trusted Zone.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Melissasuz

Melissasuz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:32 PM

I am using Firefox browser. But, I find that I have the same problems if I try to use Internet Explorer. Everything on that seems to be enabled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users