Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphones won't work on my computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 noz03

noz03

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Wasn't sure to put this in here or a windows forum but anyway here goes. For some reason the internal and my fully working external microphones will not work on my windows 8 machine, what is stranger is that they are able to pick up tapping noises but when I speak, even very loudly, they dont pick up anything at all! Of course I can not test the internal mic on another machine but I can and have the external mic and it is working perfectly... so why are my microphones not working?? Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scragnoff

scragnoff

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hi noz03!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers?

Logical Increments - The PC builder's friend. Always free. Always Awesome.

#3 noz03

noz03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I tried updating but it said I was already up to date. How would I reinstall them exactly? Sorry, am a bit of a newbie at this stuff.

Edited by noz03, 10 March 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#4 noz03

noz03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Ok so I've been playing around with the drivers in the device manager. Disabled them one by one until I found the one responsible for the microphone, which was also responsible for the speakers, it was called "High Definition Audio Device"

I uninstalled it, then click the little red x on the volume button to make windows search for the problem and reinstall it. But still it does not work, only tapping sounds are picked up. What is interesting though, I had skype options open the whole time I was doing this and when I first installed the microphone green bar was moving with my voice, but when I tried to make a test call, or to use windows sound recorder it stopped moving, except for tapping. Any ideas????? Please someone help! I have googled 100 times and can not find anyone else with this problem!

#5 Ogxkiller511

Ogxkiller511

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Ok so I don't know if this is to late but I had the same problem on my windows 8 computer so what I did was I went to my control panel then went to system and security then under action center it says troubleshoot common computer problems click on it and then under hardware and sounds click troubleshoot audio recording then it should find the problem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users