Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need major help! D:

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Reynaldomartinez

Reynaldomartinez

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

There is something wrong with my Hard drive! I ran some tests and this is what came up. 

Error Code 2000-0142 
Validation 55786
msg: Hard Drive
o0S/N WD-WXGIASIS2655
status=7

Can some one help me on what to do next?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=&l=&s=&docid=DSN_300428

If you had posted make/model info, I might have gotten you some better info.

Edited by dpunisher, 03 March 2013 - 11:43 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Reynaldomartinez

Reynaldomartinez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Its a dell windows 7

#4 Reynaldomartinez

Reynaldomartinez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

sorry

Product Support for Inspiron 15 Intel N5040

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Looks like it indicates a failing hard drive from what im finding.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 Reynaldomartinez

Reynaldomartinez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

So I turn on the laptop and it says windows is loading files.... theres the startup repair and the diagnosis is that there is no OS files found on the disk. and the error code is = 0x490 so I went into system recovery and support and I thought I could fix it by doing the dell datasafe restore and emergency backup... but it just made it worse and gave me hard drive problems. so when I'm there nothing could fix it and only gives me the options to restart or shutdown the computer. that why i restarted and pressed f12 and went to diagnostics and found out that there was an issue with the hard drive...So im stuck at this point and the dell page isnt helping me out much... 

#7 Reynaldomartinez

Reynaldomartinez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

so what can I do? 

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hello -

I agree with the_patriot11 -

If you want to use the system, other than in safe mode, your hard drive needs to be replaced.

Post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at, and a HDD to replace yours with ....
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These Directions

Thank You -

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

From http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19242834.aspx :

"Thank you for contacting the Dell Community Forums.  The 2000-0142 error code specifically means that the hard drive self-test failed, which means the drive is no longer reliable.  You may be able to retrieve information from the drive, but to do so you would probably either need to take the drive to a data recovery provider (Ontrack can perform data recovery on hard drives without compromising the Dell factory warranty), or connect the drive to another computer using an external adapter and try to read the data from it.  If your system is still under warranty, you can obtain Dell CDs from this site."

Seems that the priority should be attempting to saving any valued files...then replacing the drive.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users