Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memtest 86+ errors && sometimes no POST && BSODs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mysteryPC

mysteryPC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi.. appreciate if I could get some help with this problem. My rig is about 2.5 years old a custom build.

965 BE cpu,

M4A79XTD EVO mobo,

Radeon HD 5850 gfx card,

2x4GB Corsair DDR1600 ram (CMZ8GX3M2A 1600C9B),

PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkII 750W psu.

I was getting BSODs which pointed to memory problems so I tested with memtest86+ and got errors. I am getting errors when using 1 stick at a time on both sticks and in different slots. I'm not sure if both DIMMs are bad or if its something else??  Unfortunately at the moment I'm not even having any luck with it getting to POST so I can't get to my minidump files.  If i can get a hold of those I will update.  The codes were like 50, 4e, 7e, 1e... Other problems I've had were trying to get into BIOS and a message displaying "WAIT...." and stuck there.. BOOTMGR being corrupt, BIOS settings failing to load.  Can someone please let me know what I should do next? Thanks.

Update: added my minidumps

Attached File  mysteryPC_minidumps.zip   103.59KB   1 downloads

Edited by mysteryPC, 03 March 2013 - 07:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

My first thought would be to replace the CMOS battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mysteryPC

mysteryPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the reply.. I just bought a new battery and replaced the stock one.  I also moved the clear RTC jumper on the mobo as well while I was there  (then moved it back of course).  The computer did not come up fully at first after pressing power, only the fans were running, I had to hit the reset button.  Then it did actually come up and told me I must set CMOS time/date so I set that as well as checking/setting the correct voltage/frequency/timings for my RAM.  Then I went to save the settings in BIOS and exit.  At this point, the computer restarted itself or did a mini-shutdown.  It powered everything down and then only the fans came back.  That's where I'm at now.  The fans are spinning but no post beeps or display.

update: I can get a beep code by removing all RAM sticks (1 long, 2 short: No memory dtected).

Edited by mysteryPC, 03 March 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

What operating system are you running?

Edited by dc3, 03 March 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mysteryPC

mysteryPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1.  Also, I put a single DIMM back into the mobo in a different slot this time and was able to boot into windows properly.  (not sure if luck or what).  I was able to grab the minidumps and I have added them to the original post above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users