Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WEI QUITS AT GRAPHICS CAN NOT RUN VIDEO IN AMD CROSSFIRE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 johnniedoo

johnniedoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I have just put a 2nd Asus EAH 5870 v2 in my 2nd computer.  I had fine scores in the windows experience index prior (7.4 )  I had just run it prior to adding the 2nd card, no problems.  Now it quits after a short time. It begins to go and hits the spot where it is supposed to run some video and crashes.    I had set up CF and it functions as it is supposed to and that is the only change i have made.  i have a gigabyte 890FXA UD5 board , phenom II x6 Thuban running at 3.8, 8gigs of GSkill ram DDR3 1600 with 7-8-7-24  timing, CM HYPER 212 EVO along with the 2 big 5870s in CF.  I use only the MSI Afterburner 3.0 beta5, but not much can be done with voltages with my Asus gpus, not supported any longer anyway, by msi. 

I am not sure just why this is quitting/crashing. not too hot, as far as i can see. i have the temp sensors on as it runs and it never got to 60°C  as it ran WEI. and it does get hotter in other benchmarks and never quit on me due to overheating. 

I can not see anything helpful in any logs.  It looks as if it runs one gpu, primary maybe, first and then goes to the other one before stopping.  i am guessing based on the temps ramping up in only one at first and then stops as the other one begins to climb, but it is only at 44° and headed upward from 38° as the first one seemed to level off 58/60°C

Thanks

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users