Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wont boot anymore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DAZZAROONEY

DAZZAROONEY

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

My vista laptop wont boot

When I press the power on button, I get the post check and then it restarts and just keeps doing the same cycle

When I put my vista disc in and boot from disc, the moving green bar comes up on the bottom, the hard drive light stays on but it never loads.

I cannot get into the F8 menu

Last night it was booting diffrent. It would do the post check then come up with the 'Windows cannot start screen' and give the option to repair or start windows normally. No matter which one I pressed, the computer would restart and bring the 'windows cannot start screen' again in a constant cycle.

Help needed urgently

Ps - Is there anyway of forcing a system restore?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What kind of disc did you use,eg installation disc?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 DAZZAROONEY

DAZZAROONEY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's an eMachines D620

I have tried Wondershare Live Boot 2012

Vista Installation Disc

UBCD 2012

Hirens

Spotmau

Some load and some dont. The Wondershare one is meant to be really good but when I boot it, I get the Windows symbol and thats it, it wont go no further

#4 DAZZAROONEY

DAZZAROONEY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Sorry eMachines E620

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

That computer has a recovery partition, so I'm assuming your Vista disc is from another source.  Is it a full installation disc?

There are a couple of ways to go here, if you have an external hdd you could download Ubuntu and use it to copy your data to the external hdd and then use the recovery partition to reinstall Vista.

Is the Vista disc a full installation copy?

Is the disc a OEM or retail copy?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users