Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel HD 3000 Sandy Bridge Driver apparently causing huge lag

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 kingsocarso

kingsocarso

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

Computer: Dell XPS 14 Z

Chipset: HM67

CPU: i5 2450M

I had many BSODs that I tried to fix with a 3rd party application to update drivers. The application installed the wrong version of the graphics driver, causing more BSODs. The first BSOD fixed itself with an update. I uninstalled that driver and installed the latest version. Unfortunately, more problems were to come. The driver did not crash, but lagged severely on games, singularly, Minecraft. Normally, this game runs extremely well even with many background applications and multitasking. After the driver update, even the main menu had an FPS of no more than 3. In-game, the FPS reported by Minecraft was stable in the bracket of 1-3, making the game entirely unplayable. The path taken to reach this point makes driver rollback impossible.

Steps taken to troubleshoot:

1. Restart computer

2. Clear Java cache

3. Update Java to latest (7 u15 64-bit)

4. Made fresh install of Minecraft

5. Install Optifine (Minecraft Optimization mod) to make sure it wasn't a game error

6. Did a quick defrag

Needless to say, they didn't work.

The one thing I haven't done is install a new graphics driver, because I'm not sure which one to install. That's where I need your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

< < The one thing I haven't done is install a new graphics driver, because I'm not sure which one to install.> >

Hi

Please post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at - Including Graphics card -
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy << Follow These Directions

Thank You -

#3 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/23FmRrJ8NswGbwGZOFCmtjj

< < The one thing I haven't done is install a new graphics driver, because I'm not sure which one to install.> >

Hi

Please post a snapshot with Speccy as this may give us a bit more to look at - Including Graphics card -

There you are.

Also, I want to clarify.

I did find the right driver, although Intel's latest version makes Minecraft slow.

Also, all background applications work fine with Minecraft in background. Minecraft seems to be a little faster after a night of the computer being shut down, but the FPS is still below normal. The lag charts Minecraft supplies are off the charts. The main menu is still laggy and the same symptoms show. Also, debug shows that allocated resource usage is very low despite lag.

Edited by kingsocarso, 03 March 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

The one thing I haven't done is install a new graphics driver, because I'm not sure which one to install. That's where I need your help.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22375&lang=eng
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit....
Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8* 64 (exe)
12/18/2012 Version 15.28.12.64.2932 - Latest

This is the latest Graphics Driver I can tind based on your information - "Intel hd graphics 3000"

I can link the prenioux versions from Intel or you can Google intel hd graphics 3000 driver:

Use the Google link in my signature if you wish and there are 4 versions listed -

Thank You -

Or Intel Graphics downloads and select from there -

Edited by noknojon, 03 March 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

You can also use this program that often help identify your BSODs

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file) to your Desktop

• Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the Extracted Folder
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.

#6 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22375&lang=eng
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)*, Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit....
Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8* 64 (exe)
12/18/2012 Version 15.28.12.64.2932 - Latest

This is the latest Graphics Driver I can tind based on your information - "Intel hd graphics 3000"

I can link the prenioux versions from Intel or you can Google intel hd graphics 3000 driver:

Use the Google link in my signature if you wish and there are 4 versions listed -

Thank You -

Or Intel Graphics downloads and select from there -

Ok, I'll get working on that.

In other news, I confirmed that the lag is in other games too.

#7 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

So I found two versions, so I'm downloading the older of the two.

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

When it lists => Motherboard - Dell Inc. 008DD8 (U3E1) it is always hard to decide if we should use Dell or other drivers.
But since you only asked for the Specific Intel Graphics drivers, I went along that direction.

You may still find something in the BSOD diagnostics, but a lot are caused by graphics drivers -

Let us know how you go with the version you have selected -

Thank You -

#9 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Using the version 15.28.8.64.2875, Minecraft started working much faster and is running nice. It's below normal, but it should work fine as no older drivers are on the Intel website. Thanks!

Unfortunately, all my copies of the game with mods are still laggy and are even more laggy as before in some cases.

I miss when I could play 100+ mods at once D:

#10 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi -

Please try the installed drivers for a day or 2, and you can always post back here for someone to try again -

Regards -

#11 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Do you know how to find driver installation history? I want to find the first driver as that one worked best. I installed about two mods and the game lags to the point of disbelief.

I give up with all the newer drivers.

#12 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Give me a few minutes fo fire up the Windows7 computer, and I will check on that one - Currently on XP -

As a general answer, I would just say to uninstall the driver from Device Manager > Reboot and let it find the best version

You can try this, and you should be no worse off than you are now, or wait 5 minutes and I will see if mine has any "history" -

#13 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Give me a few minutes fo fire up the Windows7 computer, and I will check on that one - Currently on XP -

As a general answer, I would just say to uninstall the driver from Device Manager > Reboot and let it find the best version

You can try this, and you should be no worse off than you are now, or wait 5 minutes and I will see if mine has any "history" -

Got a solution yet?

#14 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

OK - From what I can find, this may include history of your drivers -

Go - Control Panel > Device Manager > Select your Device > Update Driver > Browse my computer for Driver Software > Let me pick from a list of Device Driverson my computer -

This lists a selection of drivers that may include your original one -

Worth a try .............

#15 kingsocarso

kingsocarso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

OK - From what I can find, this may include history of your drivers -

Go - Control Panel > Device Manager > Select your Device > Update Driver > Browse my computer for Driver Software > Let me pick from a list of Device Driverson my computer -

This lists a selection of drivers that may include your original one -

Worth a try .............

I did that and there were two choices: the Intel HD 3000 and the Standard VGA. Of course, I chose the Intel HD 3000. It started updating and I am left with a Minecraft that runs at an average of 3-15 FPS with two mods. It immediately becomes as fast as normal when I pause the game and main menu is still laggy. I notice that world loading is very slow as well, but starts speeding when I pause the game. This may or may not have been existant in other instances, since I never got the chance to venture as far as to get to the edge of the already-rendered part of the map.

At this point, my best venture is to find the original driver for my computer and to find a way to get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users