Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power supply question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lcrx

lcrx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Heres my PC

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7221312&CatId=4928

Heres the psu im about to insert in it, any risk to fry or overvolt, is it too strong ??

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276567&tab=7&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-CANLET-_-03order&SRCCODE=CANLET&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=CANLET

what was in it before was a 400W , model made in china, didnt find anything on the web model # PX-480RPF

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

no, not at all, the PC will only draw the power it needs, the rest of the power from that PSU wont be used, and in essence wasted (until you get more hardware) so it won't fry anything. That PSU you chose, is kind of a weak 750 watt-I would expect a 750 watt PSU of that manner to pull at least 60-75 amps on the +12v rail, but 45 is acceptable, If you haven't ordered the PSU yet, I would recomend doing some shopping around for a better one, if you already have it, then go ahead and throw it in, unless your planning on crossfiring or SLing two top of the line cards, that PSU should do fine, should even run two low to mid range video cards just fine.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users