Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is someone remotely tracking my usage?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gummygirl

gummygirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Someone please help me.  Ok so heres the story.  Well I've been suspecting someone somehow has access to my cpu and knows exactly what I am doing.  I typed in my IP address in a browser to access my router and noticed it didn't have a password.  Only to log onto my internet requires a password.  Under system settings UPNP was enabled when it shouldn't have been.  Also as I was looking through my network preferences, I noticed that under "bypass proxy settings for these hosts & domains" I see something listed which was never there.  I deleted it but all I remember is it said "local" on there.  Also the "use passive ftp mode pasv" box was checked.  Does anyone know what kind of information this person could have got from me?  My emails password has been changed, I recovered it and checked the IP addresses that accessed it.  Theres no other IP address other than mine that accessed it.  My other one hasnt been recovered yet.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users