Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop LED screen imperfection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

I just got in a shipment of an LED screen ordered from a seller I've had good results with so far on Ebay.  I have the screen installed and it's looking good except for one LITTLE area...  not bigger than the size of a pea...  and it's just a little lighter than the area around it.  You'd almost think it was a smudge, but it is not.  It's mostly noticeable on blank darker screens(not white).  It's not that bad but, I don't know much about sugh things... I was wondering if that's something that would get worse with time... or, nothing to worry about. 
I plan on messaging the seller but I'm not sure what their response will be.  If it's nothing to worry about I don't want to take all that time to send it back and wait again for another... but if there's a chance it could be a problem, then I would want a replacement...
Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 millipede

millipede
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 614 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.  I tried taking a picture to show what it looked like but that's not working so far. 

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

If I bought merchandise...and you are not satisfied with the apparent quality/workmanship...I'd simply send it back.or toss it...or live with it., making a mental note that I should seek a new source for that item.

Louis

#4 millipede

millipede
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 614 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

I got a response from the seller.  I've bought several screens from them and have been pleased with the quality, shipping, etc so far.
Part of their message read:

The area you are referring to is a "flare" or "hotspot", generally not a problem down the road. That was not caught in house before it was shipped or you wouldn't have received that screen.

If this was my screen for my own laptop, I'm not sure what I'd do.  It was small/minor.  The girl I was replacing the screen for said she had to look for it, to find that spot.  My only concern was that I didn't know if it was something that would progress in any way.  So far, I've found nothing that would suggest it will.  And, as you can see, the seller says that it "generally" isn't a problem later on.  The owner wasn't worried and I believe she didn't really want to wait anyway.
The seller said that they would replace it if we'd like, or they'd refund $10-$15 if we keep it.  I can't complain about that. 

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

:clapping: , nice followup...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users