Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

0xc0000428 winload.exe error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bhawan9

bhawan9

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

i got this error when i was about to start a system recovery on my computer.I clicked on start and the computer restarted after it opened it gave me this error on windows boot manager.

HELPP ME!!

I attempted to boot from gateway recovery, and windows installation disc (via usb, and cd)

Edited by bhawan9, 02 March 2013 - 05:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

bump.

#3 Guest_G4JC_*

Guest_G4JC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

There are 2 common reasons or causes for the 0xc0000428 stop error. One of the main reason is the system file in the Windows Vista kernel has been corrupted or modified by third party applications, which can possibly by virus too. To resolve the the problem of this nature, insert the Windows Vista installation DVD into DVD-ROM disc tray, and then boot up the computer from DVD drive. Select the Startup Repair option to have the Recovery Environment automatically scans and replaces corrupted or invalid system files.

Another possible cause for Windows failed to boot with 0xc0000428 error is hardware failure which corrupt, conflict or interfere with integrity of system files. The problematic and spoilt hardware can be RAM memory module, motherboard, chipset, CPU, display adapter and other components. User can use diagnostic tools to help identifying the possibly failing hardware part, such as Windows Memory Diagnostic can be used to test the systems memory. Once the problematic hardware component is isolated and identified, repair the error or replace the hardware component.

Source: http://www.tipandtrick.net/windows-vista-failed-to-start-with-ntkrnlpaexe-or-ntoskrnlexe-0xc0000428-error-status/

#4 bhawan9

bhawan9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

i made recovery dics in the past for this computer and they only boot the computer sometimes idk why. i made the Cd/Dvd the first boot device first so that it boots up first but it doesnt work most of time. But in the past i have used them before so i know they will work. Its a Gateway windows 7. its American megaTrends the bios thing.

#5 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users