Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop computer running slow

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grillton1153

grillton1153

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Okay, so I have a big problem with my desktop

It's taking like 10 minutes to start up, and is running programs and just in general really slowly

It is beyond me what the problem is, since I have the exact same programs and stuff installed on my laptop, and my laptop starts up in less than a minute and runs the programs fine

Also, my PC has started blue screening and freezing today randomly for seemingly no reason but the slowness was happening before that

I do have a LOT of programs installed on both my desktop and laptop,
and I have stopped a good number of programs from starting up when I turn on my computer and such

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I'm assuming I'm going to need to re-install windows again, though I'm getting really tired of doing that, because it takes forever to re-install all my programs and games, and I just don't have the time for that anymore.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users