Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very slow wireless connection on Acer Aspire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JH&A

JH&A

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

I have an Acer Aspire 5750G notebook purchased Nov '11. Win7 OS. The wireless connection for this device is barely 1 mbps. The wired connection is 25 mbps. My daughter's older netbook easily gets 15+ mbps wirelessly. Given this, we've eliminated an ISP, modem or router issue.

Here are some of the things we tried:

Uninstalled the card, reinstalled
Updated drivers, tried 32bit drivers (64 bit machine)
Made sure cable modem signals were in proper ranges
Made sure router configured properly

Also, firewall and virus protection working properly, so it doesn't seem to be that.
Any ideas?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Hi,

The only thing that comes to my mind is that wireless cards can die. It might be worth seeing if you can borrow a USB wi-fi dongle, and the drivers if necessary ( Win 7 has a lot of them built in ) and see if connecting via that makes a difference. It is the only way to get my wife's old laptop to connect.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JH&A

JH&A
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

That makes sense......I'll look into it. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users