Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homegroup Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rhaom

Rhaom

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

Hey There!

I recently just returned from a year in Australia, before I left.. (almost a year ago to the day), everything was working perfectly fine and I had 3 computers linked to a homegroup that were able to communicate fine, I have come back to find that this is no longer the case, the only thing that has changed in my network setup is the router.

Currently I am running the follow operating systems on my computers setup via Sky Broadband's Sagem router, the operating systems used on the computers are as follows

• Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

The computer using Windows 7 Ultimate is my main computer and a fresh install of windows so I have started a new homegroup on it and would like to give the other two computers access to this homegroup but they do not detect it...

Seemingly when I go into the network center and check the adapter settings it says that all three computers are running on a different network

My main computer just says "Network" and my other two computers say "Network 2" and "Network 3"...

Also I have noticed that on one of the computers using Home Premium that network discovery wont stay turned on :(

I don't know if this is significant or why its the case but I would sure appreciate some help in fixing it! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

network discovery wont stay turned on

Try seeing the suggestions given from this link and if successful, the Microsoft tutorial site will provide you the steps accordingly.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users