Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to load my ISP's webmail page in either FF or IE9

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Good morning,

UPDATE [6:55 A.M.]:  The problem has apparently resolved itself.  I just went offline after posting here, and was subsequently able to bring up my Cox email homepage again without problems.

Between 5:30 a.m. - 5:50 a.m. this morning, I had no problems accessing my email account (provided my my ISP - Cox Communications.  I also had no problem accessing any other Cox links, such as, the view and pay bilI option, etc.  I went offline at about 5:50 a.m.

NOTE:  My ISP's webmail page is my specified HOMEPAGE for both Firefox and IE9.

At about 6 a.m when I clicked on the Firefox icon to load, my ISP's webmail page did not come up, only a white screen with the FF background showing, the Favorites sidebar on the left side of the screen, and the Cox webmail page info in the address line.  The upper LEFT of the screen had the word, "Connecting."  On the lower left of the screen, it said, "Waiting for cox.east.webmail."  Both of these are what normally appear only briefly as the page loads.

After waiting 10 minutes, there is still no change.  I contacted my ISP about it, and we went through some steps, including pinging their servers, which did so without any problems.  The ISP Support tech who is in the same area I reside in said he was not experiencing any problems bringing up his Cox email screen and indicated there must be some problem with my computer.  This problem exists when using either FF or IE9 and has never occurred prior to this morning.  (FF & IE9 are the only browsers I have on this machine).  I have no problem accessing my two HOTMAIL accounts, or any other website in either IE9 or FF.  No modifications to this computer or additional programs have been added in the past month, other than the recent Microsoft, Spywareblaster, regular MBAM and Adobe updates.

The only "unusual" things I have noticed, is when restarting the computer, it seems to take the Desktop icons a little longer to change from the white color to the actual appearance of the icon.  In the Task Manager, I do notice two rundll's, csrss, services.exe and a few other items which are running, but when looking at them in Process Explorer, it is indicating something like, "Error opening process" or something like that.

Corrective measures attempted thus far:

I have run scans with my AV, MBAM Pro, & SAS.  All were clean.  (My computer specs and software used are shown in the Signature line below).  Reset IE9 to default settings.  Ran CCleaner (NOT the Registry cleaning part though).  Cleared Firefox cache.  Restarted computer twice.  Disabled Outpost Security Suite protection and attempted to access the Cox webmail site - no luck.

Additional notation:

I also use the PoPPeeper email notification program which automatically checks my 3 ISP-provided email accounts and my two HOTMAIL accounts every 12 minutes for incoming emails.  When I used PoPPeeper to manually check all 5 email accounts, it does so without any problems.  (If it is unable to access a particular account, it will generate an error message).

My questionCan someone shed some light as to how to resolve this problem?

Thanks very much for your time and any assistance!

Edited by spc3rd, 02 March 2013 - 06:57 AM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users