Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 won't start / HELP / Apparently not a virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pespecial

pespecial

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hi, I'm posting here sent off from the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486895/malwarepackergen-win7-wont-start-help/page-2 .

The story is as follows:

Five days ago my laptop went dead.

I had been working at home all day, and had stopped for a while. When I came back, the laptop was off. I though it had "suspended". Pressed the button, and it made a strange beep (like the buffer beep). There was some disk activity, but the monitor wouldn't turn on, and so I switched the laptop off. And it never turned back on correctly again.

So this is what happens now:

Select Start Windows normally

Win 7 starts loading, but at the end of the "starting Windows logo" it appears the BSOD and restarts again. Over and over.

Select Startup Repair

It loads HP Recovery Manager.

System Restore - tried different restore points, but none works. Non specified error during system restore. (0x80070002)

Chkdsk Windows Partition - OK

Chkdsk Recovery Partition - OK

Select F8 (safe mode)

Every option makes BSOD

Stop BSOD reboot option - at the BSOD the Technical Information is:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8008FF2B30, 0xFFFFFA8008FF2E10, 0xFFFFF80003B82470)

Booting with Hiren's Boot CD

I ran the WD utilidity to check hard drives, and found no bad sectors.

The Antivirus behave strangely and mostly won't update or run. Malwarebytes runs an detects stuff I posted in the Virus forum, but which are, according to them, false positives.

I'm getting desperate, since I need my laptop to work, and 5 days have passed...

Please HELP

Edited by hamluis, 01 March 2013 - 08:42 PM.
Corrected link - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pespecial

pespecial
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

HI again!

No need to reply.

Backed up all important files (took some time)

Reinstalled Windows 7.

Happier than ever. Recommend it to everyone, once in a while.

Win7 is now clean from 4 years of clutter, and running smooth as never was

KR

Pedro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users