Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD with Vengeance 2000 Headset

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragonsissiy

dragonsissiy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

On Tuesday I began experiencing a BSOD, so I tested all my RAM sticks. One ended up being bad so I removed it. Tested the remaining sticks again and they were fine. Had the computer running for two hours last night (without my headset dongle plugged in) and it was fine; no blue screens. I came home today thinking I resolved my BSODs by removing my bad ram, only to find 10 minutes after starting my computer, and as soon as I plugged in the dongle (the extended one) I got another BS that I got a few days ago. I rebooted my system (with it still plugged in) and the computer would have a black screen after the windows logo. So I unplugged it and rebooted again; it came up fine.  I'm assuming this blue screen has to do with the driver for the headset. That makes sense, because when I first bought the headset I went to the manufacturer website like the instructions said, to grab the driver and download it. After installing the driver and rebooting, my computer constantly blue screened and boot looped. I had to boot to safe mode and remove the driver for the computer to boot again. So I'm here because after hours of google searching I couldn't find a close enough match to my exact problem, especially since at the same time I happened to be having a failing RAM stick.

So a quick point of what I did:

• Memtested all sticks, removed the bad stick of ram.
  • QT Extended test of hardware, everything passed.
  • Recently removed the Vengeance headset sofware, (after the reboot that worked)
  • I initially tested the ram because of a lock up during playing Don't Starve, then a day later a BS while playing League of Legends

Help would be very appreciated. I will attach the specs of my computer. Please ask me if you need any other information. I'm also attaching info that I think would help.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dragonsissiy

dragonsissiy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

No help at all yet? =(

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

dragonsissiy,

Just looking at the posted BlueScreenView file:

0x7E
(Probably) Caused By Driver  : Symphony.sys

• Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming headset

0x7F
(Probably) Caused By Driver  : dxgkrnl.sys

• Microsoft DirectX system driver file

0xD1
(Probably) Caused By Driver  : nvlddmkm.sys

• nVidia Graphics driver

You said that you have updated the headset drivers and it appears that you are running the most recent nVidia graphics driver as well.  

1.)   I would like to have a more detailed look at your recent minidump files.  I will ask you to compress (zip) the most recent minidumps and attach them to your next post following the instructions below.

• Please create a new folder on your Desktop (suggestion: Minidumps)
  • Next, navigate to the the Windows Minidump folder.
    • C:\Windows\Minidump <==  this folder.
  • Note that the first 6 digits of each minidump file indicate the date ( 012313-10935-01.dmp).
  • Highlight the 10 most recent minidump files, then copy and paste them (don't drag) into the Desktop Minidumps folder.
  • Then, right mouse click on the Minidumps folder, and select Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
    • A Compressed (zipped) folder will now appear on the Desktop.
  • When you click Add Reply for your next post, you will have the option to attach the compressed folder (see bottom, left).
  • Please attach the Compressed (zipped) folder to your next post by browsing to the location of the zipped Minidump folder.
    • Note: The Bleeping Computer Forum has a 512K upload limit on file size.
    • See how to Manage Your Attachments to delete old attachments.

2.)  To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)

• Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot.  Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and  paste this address into your next post.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 dragonsissiy

dragonsissiy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Those are my most recent and only minidump files. The last one dates at 2/28/2013. So I'm sorry there aren't any others. (which I think is a good thing lol!) Right now I'm going through and updating drivers again however I'm leaving the vengeance driver last. I don't want to get my computer stuck in that loop again until can get more help on this issue. I was wondering if a bios update might help? However when I went to my bios's website they want me to do something with my bios before updating. (which I don't really understand)

Edit: Speccy info:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/feCMyXp6IfVAC48mshzIdy8

Edit:Attached minidumps in case they weren't there the first post

Attached Files

Edited by dragonsissiy, 01 March 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

dragonsissiy,

Oldest Bug Check (1/7/13) and most recent (2/28/13) were the same:

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88002ffc778, fffff88002ffbfd0}

Probably caused by : Symphony.sys ( Symphony+12e98 )

Symphony.sys Wed Apr 25 06:17:33 2012

Blaming Symphony.sys

Bug Check 2/25/13:

BugCheck D1, {20, 2, 0, fffff88004c3cb4b}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+353b4b )

nvlddmkm.sys -  Sat Feb 09 18:13:08 2013

Blaming nVidia driver

Bug Check 2/26/13:

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff8800486b13d}

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::SubmitPresent+150d )

Blaming dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX; however, nVidia driver appeared in the raw stack of this minidump (see below).

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
 nvlddmkm+0x8ad16c

The headset and graphics drivers are blamed for the blue screens to date.  If updating to the latest drivers don't stop the BSOD, then try uninstalling, then re-installing the newest drivers.

Please zip and attach any new minidump files.

BSOD Code: For informational purposes only

Spoiler

Regards,
Brooks

#6 dragonsissiy

dragonsissiy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Alright well the graphics driver is updated. But as I said before, if I install the vengeance driver directly from the website, it will cause BSOD loops. I'd like to avoid that unless we can find a working driver

#7 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

if I install the vengeance driver directly from the website, it will cause BSOD loops. I'd like to avoid that unless we can find a working driver

Have you considered speaking with Corsair regarding the driver issue?

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users