Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to communicate with printer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tsstship

tsstship

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have an HP 2000 notebook, and an HP Photosmart 7510e all in one printer with wireless set up. Suddenly I can not print. I get message Unable to communicate with printer........the printer is unavailable or not connected....Everything worked fine last night but not this morning. I have run test on printer and no problems found. Wireless is on, and it is connected to the correct network. I even un-installed and    re-installed the printer. I have attempted to run a trouble check from computer all day but the page is unavailable for some reason. What the heck is going on? It' got to be something fairly easy to fix if I knew what I was looking for.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

Does your printer print if you connect it to the notebook with a USB cable ?  If it does, then the problem probably lies with your network. If it doesn't, the problem allmost certainly lies with your printer drivers on the computer.

If it prints by USB, then a simple test is to go to 'Control Panel / Networks' then click on 'Full map' and see if your printer shows up on the network diagram. If it doesn't, then check things like everything is on the same frequency and that your printer is actually speaking to YOUR wireless system. This may sound silly, but I once wondered why my internet connection was crawling and discovered that it had connected to another router a long way down the street instead of the one one wall and 15 feet away !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JosephCraig

JosephCraig

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Have you checked the USB cable, otherwise uinstall and install the device and BOOT after installations. Search services and check printer spooler services.

ethernet first mile

Edited by JosephCraig, 02 March 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#4 tsstship

tsstship
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Magic happened!  After checking printer and computer 5 times and finding everything ok, I went through the process again and a test print went through. I attempted to print a pic from desktop and got error message. Attempted to print a page from the internet and got error message. Attempted to print and email and it printed ok!! Again attempted to print desktop pic and internet pages and they printed ok! 

What the ????? could have been going on ???? I am saving your suggestions in case it happens again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users