Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello World!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jorini

jorini

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

I've spent some time perusing the various subforums here and it looks like I've stumbled onto a wonderful resource for dealing with all kinds of issues.

I'm not a fan of this technology; it's fussy, delicate and entirely too vulnerable to malware exploits. But I'm a big fan of what it can do, and, since I cannot afford my own IT professional to keep it up to snuff, I really have no choice to open the hood from time to time.

So here I am. I've recently purchased a new system (low end Compaq running WindowXP SP2 home) and, because I got all caught up in the Linux hype, installed Ubuntu on the old box just to play with. Play indeed. I just opened a second can of worms is what I did!! Now two BleepingComputers to fiddle with instead of one. That's progress!!!!

Thanks for listening!
John
Man, sometimes it takes you a long time to sound like yourself -- Miles Davis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:53 AM

It is all I can (or care) to do to keep Windows working and secure!
Welcome to BC,
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:30 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! jorini.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

#4 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:49 AM

Welcome to BC

#5 John Hunt

John Hunt

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

Wow ! There are a lot of Johns on this forum !

And you are a braver man than I to take on two PCs.......

Posted Image
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.

If you would like to experience the wonderful world of distributed computing, go to
BOINCUK and Team Lookers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users