Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wrong use of search function.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 straddy72

straddy72

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

I am using Autoruns by copying a file name, pasting it into the search box of Bleeping Database search and I get the result that the file info cannot be found. Have done this several times with commonly known file names. Clearly I am doing something wrong. I am a new user (clearly). Can someone please help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,659 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

We do not have all the startups that exist in our database unfortunately. If there are particular ones you are unsure of, let us know and we will try to offer assistance.

#3 bleedle

bleedle

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:05 PM

This is my issue as well. I have taken several days attempting to learn how to do what I can before asking you for help, but I can go no further.

Over 100 programs launch at start up, and it seems even the most obvious programs aren't able to be found. A few do come up, but the first 20 or so I tried did not.

I bought a  refurbished lap top from newegg back in September. I'm a journalist with a hot topic and have suspected my entire system has been hijacked the whole time. It seems like the more I search, the less I find.

There's remote access everything all through my computer. I'm a party of 1 - want my machine locked down with no one else able to access it via any network. 

Please advise where and what to post to get this party started - months of work have been wasted from this issue, and it's exhausted me. I have what I need and am ready to wipe my entire system and reinstall windows from a disk I trust, but this problems a beast and if anyone wants to look it over and maybe help me figure out who or what did this, that's an option.

#4 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:05 AM

Hi,

I suggesting follow the steps in this topic so you can get help.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users