Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Soundcard/ VGA card driver problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I have a missing (sigmatel) Soundcard driver, and a ATI Mobility Radeon VGA card driver, it's for my dell latitude laptop, I did a fresh install (hoping to install and get linux working) and it messed up my MBR and configuration, and now I have missing drivers w/o direct x or 3D accelerator tabs in my Desktop settings. You wouldn't imagine how hard it was just trying to get this computer to boot an O.S, much rather get Red Hat 9 to work w/o any app conflict. It's windows xp sp3 (slipstreamed). Oh and I need ie 8

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Go to http://support.dell.com, choose Small Business Support -> Technical Support and, when it asks you, type in the service tag number which is printed on the Dell sticker on the bottom of the laptop.  On the Downloads and Drivers tab, you need the chipset, audio, network (2- LAN and Wireless), and video drivers.  Download them all ( copy them to a flash drive if you have to) and then install them in that order on the laptop.

Afterwards, run Internet Explorer and do NOTHING but Tools -> Windows Update until it says there are no more updates.  Then, add your A/V, applications, and printers.

Edited by DavisMcCarn, 28 February 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 Mr Cary

Mr Cary

• Banned Spammer
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

The XP reinstallation deleted your soundcard driver. After a new OS install, you should instantly install the motherboard chipset drivers and the drivers of all onboard devices (VGA, sound, LAN, etc. It usually comes with the CD containing the chipset drivers or you could download it from the site of the motherboard maker. You may have installed the wrong driver.

#4 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Okay thank you will keep you posted, I'm at a loss for words right now, you are all so helpful, thanks again.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#5 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

It worked like a charm, can't believe it was so simple, thanks again bro' This dell latitude D610 is terrific.

alien.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users