Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

programme

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 foulkesy91

foulkesy91

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I am trying to find a method or programme to do the following:

1. To make a data list of companies upon which I can click and this will link me in turn

2.  A page or spreadsheet  on which I can then add charts etc, and from this or the data list of "1"

3. to the website of the company.

Can anyone help,my computer has Windows XP home?

Thank you   Foulkesy91

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Not sure what you mean...but it seems to me that you may be interested in what I do to obtain easy links for assisting others.

I have a folder of Favorites titled Computer Help.  When I come across something on the Web that I believe may be useful in the future...I just save it to that folder, giving it a title I believe appropriate.

Then I use a small program called Bookmark Wizard to create an alphabetical list of all titled websites.  This list is generated in .htm ormat and reflects the titled I gave, along with the URL.  Clicking on a title takes me to that link/webpage, assuming that it hasn't changed.

I move this list to my desktop and click the title to go to the reference...or just insert it into a post if I want to make it available to a given member as part of one of my posts/responses.

I constantly update this, adding new links when I come across one that seems useful.

To check the status of the links...a wise procedure since they may change...I use a program called AM Deadlink.  I check before generating an updated list for my desktop.

So I have a handy reference of over a thousand links...and only have to scan the list (using IE's Edit/Find On This Page function...to find the reference I might be looking for.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users