A few weeks ago, I had to download a utility program from a popular website, and since then I seem to have aquired a persistent google redirect virus.
The basic symptom is that if I type a search in Google, I often (1 in 3?) times will be directed to an "odd" website.
Norton Internet Security Running
Things done so far:
1) Reviewed toolbar addons, a number had been previously disabled, now uninstalled.
2) Downloaded and ran Hitman pro.
3) Downloaded and ran unhackme
4) Downloaded and ran TDSSKiller.
5) Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes.
They each found one or two random things. . .but the virus persists.
I would appreciate any help.