Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am new like I said . heres Over Whelmed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roaddawg6542

roaddawg6542

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Ok  like I said I am new to the computers. i  have all these things on my desk top and a lot of them are the same thing heres a list of all that I got on here .

Now all I want is the bare min. just to be able to use this thing. its a long list.

mozila fire Fox, You Tube , Torch , Mozila Thunderbird , Spy Hunter , finial Torrrnt , Optimize Your PC , Norton PC Check Up 3.0

Drive mananager , Pc Health Boost , Fix Cleaner , Drop Box , Norton Security Scan , Short Cut to Strongvalt , VLC Media player , WinRar , Google Chrome , Real Player , Audio_Con ( I use that when my sound dont work) , Flash Player Pro , Picasa 3 , Open Office 3

Microsoft Security , CD Burn Xl , Avast Free Antivirus , Adobe Reader Xl.

if you would be so kind and just type the best ones that I should be using.

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jmac618

jmac618

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Each icon on your desktop links to a separate program and they are all installed on your computer.  At your level this is what I recommend.  Move all the icons to the right side of your screen.  Then as you use one, move it to the left side of the screen.  After a month or two you will know which ones you use and which ones you dont.  Just right click on the icons you dont want and select "delete".  That will delete the icon but not the program so it will still be there if you ever need to use it in the future.

Hope that helps

#3 roaddawg6542

roaddawg6542
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

that sound like just what I need to do. Thank you very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users