Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD Home Run TV Tuner problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Have one hooked up to my Win 7 machine using Windows Media Center to scan for channels, etc.

Problem I'm having is the only channels listed from my cable (hooked up to it) only shows the digital ones and not the SD ones.  I go to the HD Home Run line-up (within it's own software) and it shows all the ones I can get through standard cable (Brighthouse up to around channel 70 or so).  But, they don't show up in WMC.

Is there a way to get WMC to get these channels and it's listings?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

A SD channel can still be digital.

I'm Just guessing that You are talking about the SiliconDust HomeRun Tuner?

If so http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun/atsc/

Free Broadcast TV
            Use an antenna to pick up the FREE
broadcast digital TV (ATSC) available in your area – ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC,
PBS, and other networks.

As Well as

Unencrypted digital cable TV
Unable to use an antenna?
Connect your HDHomeRun directly to the incoming cable line to receive
the unencrypted digital cable (“ClearQAM”) channels your cable provider
offers.

Or to put it another way they are only taking the digital signal for distribution.

There is no Analog to Digital  hardware and if the channels you mention are Analog channels they will not be available.

Analog channels would be channels that can be tuned by the old style TVS that do not have a Digital tuner.

Many Cable companies are still providing a Analog Channel lineup along with a digital Lineup.

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 27 February 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

The channels show up in the software from Home Run, and I can watch those channels through their software, but it doesn't have the recording capability or the TV guide that WMC has.  

And I get all the local channels (ABC, NBC, CDS, FOX) through the digital line-up, just not the other ones such as ESPN, SunSports, Discovery, etc.  And don't need them in high-def, just want to get them listed in WMC.

#4 matt314159

matt314159

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

The channels show up in the software from Home Run, and I can watch those channels through their software, but it doesn't have the recording capability or the TV guide that WMC has.  

Since you CAN watch them through the HDHR software, that means they're digital QAM which is good.  Is this a case where you need to re-set up your TV signal in WMC? It almost sounds like you need to choose a different option on the provider listings - On mine, I had the options for MyCompany - Basic, MyCompany - Expanded (Digital), etc.  did you have more than one option?  

The other thing I'd probably suggest would be to check out the silicondust forums, they have a pretty good support community which would be much more targeted to your hardware and platforms, since almost everyone over there is familiar with the HDHR and WMC, while over here not everybody is going to be.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users