Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail 2012 - Microsoft Update 27Feb2013

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pensive_By_Nature

Pensive_By_Nature

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

Is anyone else experiencing a problem with their Windows Live Mail after today's Microsoft Update?

I'm running Windows 7, x64-Edition on an Acer Aspire 5750. This morning all was well, I was able to use my Windows Live Mail successfully without any problems.

After the Microsoft Update (KB2670838) and restart this afternoon, the program appears to be very much messed up! The E-Mail Account "tree" down the left hand side of the program - when new mail is received no is no longer ledgeable - i.e. the number count updates but appears as though multiple numbers are printed on the same spot. Scrolling up and down the Account "tree" only makes the jumble appear like a mash of scribbles as the program fails to scroll but instead smears the characters as it scrolls.

Also the background colour is now black!!?? What's going on?!?! How can I undo this change. I've just tried to reinstall WLM but that has not fixed or solved the problem.

See attached screen shot from the program... It's now virtually unusable.

HELP!

Attached Files

Pensive By Nature

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hello -

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838 < < Microsoft link to details in the KB2670838 Update
Prerequisites -
To apply this update, you must be running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Thank You -

#3 Pensive_By_Nature

Pensive_By_Nature
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hi, I'm already running Windows 7 SP1. And I've scanned this KB document and it doesn't say anything about the adverse changes or any changes for that matter to Windows Live Mail (WLM). Over the past few hours I've tried a running a System Restore to just before the Microsoft Update - no joy. still experiencing the same problem with WLM.

Anyone else out there able to offer some assistance, suggestions to rectify the problem I'm experiencing?

Thanks in advance.

Pensive By Nature

#4 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

There is no fix currently available for this issue.

Go to add or remove programs-View installed updates

If you have this update KB2670838-Uninstall it.Restart the PC and see if that helps.

#5 Pensive_By_Nature

Pensive_By_Nature
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Hi narenxp,

Your suggestion worked. I'm back to how I was before the update. Thanks for your suggestion!!

Pensive By Nature

#6 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

:welcome:

You will receive update notification again.Hide the update temporarily until a fix is out.

#7 Pensive_By_Nature

Pensive_By_Nature
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Already done. Question... how will I know a fix has been created for this?

Pensive By Nature

#8 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

I do not know if there will be a fix but there may be a workaround.Google should help you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users