Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random domain proxy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sturner91

sturner91

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hey so I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I think this is a reasonable spot. So here we go.

So today my coworker noticed there is a random proxy in our domain. We run a sonic wall along with roughly 6-8servers, some of which being clients. Now my coworker, who is a network technician, ran a program called Nmap, I don't really know what it does or tests so I apologize in advanced. The nmap told us it was a linux box, we dont have any linux boxes, server nor pc. The nmap test had also told us the proxy is being run through Squid. The proxy has been running for 26days, roughly. We do also occasionally get spam mail.

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? We're almost positive its either a virus or an unwanted visitor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sturner91

sturner91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

This issue has been resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users