Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection Not Connecting Properly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rschmauch

rschmauch

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

For awhile now I've been having an issue with my laptop connecting to the Internet. What happens is that when I power up my laptop and login, it doesn't connect to the Internet immediately. I have it set to automatically connect to the Internet. My wireless connection does appear when I click on the lower right icon that shows the wireless connection list of wireless networks near you.

The only way that it will connect properly to the Internet is when I unplug my wireless router for 15 to 30 seconds and then plug the power back in to go through the process. Once I check the wireless icon, it finally does connect to the Internet. I hate having to keep on doing this because usually I have to go down steps in order to get to the router. Yet, when I connect to the Internet with my other laptop, it connects immediately to the Internet without having to do anything with the router. It puzzles me to why this is happening. Any possible solutions to this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Please post the computer and router model/brand next time. Try clearing the network profile of your wireless SSID found on network and sharing center - manage wireless network and then manually connect again. Check your power options and make sure it is not using any power saving features. Try reinstalling the network driver and more likely an updated version. Sometimes checking the router's wireless settings would also help. By the way, Welcome to BC community. :welcome:

Tekken

#3 rschmauch

rschmauch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Okay, I'll give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users