Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remote desktop issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cdyoung

cdyoung

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

What are some reasons that remote desktop would work on a particular client pc with some computers running xp but not all pcs?  This is a work environment running windows xp  sp3 on most computers. windows firewall is disabled as well as testing with the antivirus disbled momentarily.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Do you have a check mark in the box for Allow user to connect remotely to this computer on all of these computers?

In Select Remote Users have you added the user who you want to be able to access these computers?

How to use the Remote Desktop feature of Windows XP Professional

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 cdyoung

cdyoung
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yes in fact i was able to have three other people use the remote login in the same day.   I have it set up so that everyone has access.  I tried ip address as well as computer name. 

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Did you try the suggestions made at the website which the link I posted took you to?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users