Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I dont know

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 roaddawg6542

roaddawg6542

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

hello Im new to all of this. This is my frist lap top, as far as that goes . Its my very own computer.

Plus its my frist computer. i have played with them , but never had one that I can do any thing i

want to do with it . Like get malware the frist week I owned it . I got that fixed.

My question is when I click on to (e-mail ) on a web site it wont go to it.

It says that there is no e-mail account to do this with. I dont understand this.

I tried to follow the way to do it .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

What are you using for email? Are you using Outlook or are you using webmail like Yahoo? 

#3 roaddawg6542

roaddawg6542
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

yahoo mail

#4 roaddawg6542

roaddawg6542
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

you see it did work but I did something and i dont know what I did

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Do you have an active Yahoo Mail account?

If so, do you know your user name and password?  ***Do NOT post that information anywhere in these forums!***  That is unless you wish to experience being inundated with spam.

Do you have a ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

If you do have a ISP you should think about downloading a e-mail client like Google Chrome or Mozilla's Thunderbird, they are both free.  Windows 7 no longer uses Outlook Express, so you will need another e-mail client.  Once you have the e-mail client downloaded you can call your ISP and they will help you set it up so you can receive mail directly to your computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 roaddawg6542

roaddawg6542
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thank You verty much. I  did not know that they didnt have outlook any loinger. I am going with Mozilla

#7 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

If you have a valid Yahoo account, you should be able to sign in from any computer. Just go to yahoo mail and log in.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thank You verty much. I  did not know that they didnt have outlook any loinger. I am going with Mozilla

Mozilla Thunderbird - Reclaim Your Inbox

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users