Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hellllpppppp!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maimai

maimai

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 05:06 PM

MY computer is accessed with a spectorsoft spyware program.. how can i get rid of this...PLEASE helpme...ASAP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:01 PM

Run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan

Are you using these basic security programs?
(They're all free.)
a˛ free
ewido security suite
Ad-Aware
Spybot S&D

These 2, will help prevent spyware/malware from being installed in the first place:
Spywareblaster
SpywareGuard

Download these programs, update them, and then run them.
These programs, updated and used regularly, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...

When installing ewido security suite, under Additional Options uncheck:
Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Important:
Please read this tutorial on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS damage, if not used properly.

Helpful Tutorials:
Using Ad-Aware SE
Using SpywareBlaster
Using SpywareGuard
Using Ewido

If the above doesn't help rid you of the problem, then:

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 maimai

maimai
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

my fiance is from minnesota., when he visited me here in the philippines, he brought his laptop with him and gave it to me., i really didnt know that there's a spectorsoft prgram in it., until i found out in his email all the activities that i did in the computer.., with all the keywords..

he can see everything, even if he is already now in minnesota, he can still see it in his computer in his home..but he gave me the access in my laptop on how to open the spectorsoft pro... but i cant see anything.,there's no details..but if he open it in his own computer, he see everything, websites, programs, chat archives, keystrokes, peer to peer, snapshots...

do i need to uninstall the program? how??

please help.!

my laptop has a :

window washer
spybot s&d
mcafee
pestpatrol

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2006 - 03:11 AM

Spectorsoft is a clandestine keylogger used for surveilance purposes and may not even show up while using normal aps for identifying and removing software.

It seems he has been spying on you! Not very nice!, and it may actually have been illegal!

The following is from Spectorsoft's page:
Removing the Client
Tasks in this section:

> Remote Removal
> Local Removal

Remove the Client software from a monitored computer either remotely from the Control Center or locally from the Client computer.

Remotely - There are two methods to remotely (from the Control Center) remove the Spector Client. What method is used depends if the Manage Computers view is unable to provide remote administration capabilities necessary to perform the remote Client removal (non-integrated mode). If you were unable to remotely install the Client with the Control Center or manually ran the install file on the computer to complete the install of the Client.

Manually - Use the manual (from the Client computer) if remote access to the Spector Client is unavailable. Reasons for this include:

The Control Center has been removed from the network.

The Client computer is no longer connected to the network.

Network changes have made the Control Center unable to communicate with the Client.

Remote Removal
To Remotely Remove Spector Client

Method 1 - This is the suggested method for removing the Client software.

From the Control Center Manage Computers view, select the Client computer from the right pane.

From the Action Menu, select All Tasks and then Uninstall Spector…
or
right click on computer, select All Tasks and then Uninstall Spector….

Method 2

From the Control Center Configure Computers view, select the Client computer from the right pane.

From the Action Menu, select All Tasks and then Uninstall.
or
right click on computer, select All Tasks and then Uninstall.

Local Removal
To Run the Spuninst Program Manually

Copy the spuninst.exe program from the Control Center computer Spector CNE program folder (c:\Program Files\SpectorSoft\Spector CNE\spuninst.exe) to a medium accessible by the Client (network drive, CD, pin drive, etc.).

From the local Client computer, run the spuninst.exe program using either of the following two methods:

From a command line using parameters; Spuninst.exe /s<serial number> /p<password>

/s – serial number of Spector CNE used to install Client (Required)

/p – password configured for the Spector Client install (Required if a password was configured)

/r - computer will NOT reboot (Optional)

/q - removal runs in quiet mode with no user prompts required (Optional)

Example

File Location:\spuninst /s6433AB0012439850/password /q

From the GUI

Run spuninst.exe. A GUI is displayed.

In the dialog box, enter the serial number and password (if used) and then click OK.

Click OK to reboot the computer.
http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/specto...elp/cne_094.htm

Honestly, were it me, I would use Digital Dolly
http://www.download.com/Digital-Dolly/3640...4-10220910.html
to do at least a DOD wipe of the hard disk (if not even more), and do a fresh installation of Windows afterwards. Your fiancee may have installed other keyloggers of commercial spyware too, and I wouldn't trust the computer without completely wiping the disk to at least DOD specs or replacing the hard drive itself and installing a fresh copy of the op system.

After you do whatever you decide to do, replace Windows firewall with a two way firewall like ZoneAlarm or Sygate so you will be notified when any unauthorized ap tries to send over the internet.

#5 henry456

henry456

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Poor Bro !! I know Spectorsoft really sucks very hard its just disgausting to install because take lots of memory as well as clashing with antivirus software like protegent360. Weather I can suggest you to move on from the pathetic with Activity Monitor, believe me you feel much better.

_______

Henry

Stop Data Leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users