Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers and Monitor problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdarnell

jdarnell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

I bought this computer (second hand) and initially the monitor wouldnt work, so as there were two monitor points I tried the second and then it worked and looked fine, next time I turn it on it doesn't come on so I put it in the first port and now it works..but it's gross and widescreen so I can only see part of the screen, I couldn't adjust the monitor so that it fits... whatttt

Secondly, I've tried two different sets of speakers in every hole imaginable and it just will not pick up that any audio device is connected.

I'm not great with computers so any help explained in a patient and simple fashion would be really appreciated! :)

-Jasmin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Did the monitor come with this computer?

Not knowing the make and model of this computer I can only point you in the direction of the video control panel in the Control Panel.  If you open the Control Panel you will see something similar to the item outlined in red  below.  This will give you the options for screen size, resolution,etc.  Nvidia is the manufacturer of my graphics, but there are other manufacturers.

controlpanelsettings1_zpsb8f07dbb.png

Are the speakers made for use with a computer?  The audio output of a computer is like the output of a stereo's pre-amp, it requires amplification in order to turn up the volume.  Computer speakers have built in amplification, home stereo type speakers don't.

Edited by dc3, 26 February 2013 - 09:37 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users