Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 J.E.G.

J.E.G.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hi,

I am having a problem on my lenovo G580 since yesterday evening (2/24): Almost all websites i try to load get stuck on "waiting for website.com...", with two exceptions: gmail/google search, and twitter. No other pages load, and programs cannot connect to download updates. Google and twitter both load very quickly.  This happened a few weeks ago, but the problem resolved instelf some how.

This is happening in both chrome and internet explorer.  I've tried clearing all browsing data, disabling extensions, using google's DNS.  It happens on my home network (ethernet and wi-fi), as well as at school.  No other devices are having issues.

I'm not sure if this is a malware issue or not, so i figured i would post in this forum first. However, I know java has had some security issues (again) lately.  Java tried to update to 7.15 a couple of days ago (before the problems started). However, the updater said Java was up to date, even though it
was still on 7.13. I had to download the 7.15 update on another computer and transfer it to the windows 8 machine to install it.

Also, I tried scanning with Avast, but the full system scan finishes instantly, with a runtime of 0:00:00, and no threats found, which seems odd.  Should I try the malware forum?

Thanks!

John

Edited by Orange Blossom, 25 February 2013 - 11:35 PM.
Moved from Windows 8 to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users