My mother's computer is having some issues with random blue screens. She says itll happen at random moments, never running the same programs, same safe time period, ect.
She found it today on a BSOD and dumping stopped at 100 and didn't restart. I personally have never had or heard of a computer not restarting after it screens. Below is a picture of the report of the screen.
What would be the best way to fix the BAD_POOL_HEADER issue?
I don't want to go and be completely in the loss when I go over and try to deal with it.
I also found these instructions to try and fix it, think it should do the job?
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.
7. Restart your computer.
If you need additional info, ill try and help as much as I can, i havent even touched it yet myself.'