Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Combofix infection?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sturner91

sturner91

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hey guy's, I look new to the site, but I have been using this site for virus removal tools and what not for quite some time.

So, just curious, but I've never seen combofix display, "Writing 'limitblankpassworduse' with data '1' failed."

Attached is a screenshot with the quoted line.

This combofix was downloaded today, from bleeping computer and was executed on a corporate computer. No I was not instructed by a bleeping computer member to execute combofix and yes i understand the risks.

FQ86RRz.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hello, thanks for posting.

ComboFix is not infected. . . I have just verified this with multiple engines. What you're seeing is an error written to the console. That's all the information I can provide to you.

As you've previously expressed your knowledge of the risks of running ComboFix unsupervised I'll spare you the normal speech. But I will point out that CF was never designed to run in a corporate/networked environment. The unique configuration of systems on the network from company to company can cause unpredictable results at times. Choosing to run CF in such a way is, of course, your prerogative. However, we will likely be unable to support any such use of the tool.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 sturner91

sturner91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Okay, cool. Blade, thank you very much for answering my question and for putting my post in the proper section.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

You're quite welcome.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Confirmed. This is just an error setting a particular registry key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users