Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: c0000145 Application error - Help

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ghoodguy

ghoodguy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I was playing a game earlier today and got a blue screen. This was the first one I have had on my new computer (3 months old). I thought nothing off it and restarted my pc. I was givin the two options: Start windows normally or run startup repair. So I ran the startup repair and after a loading bar and a black screen I had gotten a blue screen with; STOP: c0000145 {Application Error} The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click ok to close the application. So I restarted my computer, ran it in every mode possible and got the same result. Then i tried running it from the windows disk to re format and got the same issue. Nothing I do can get my past this screen and have no idea what to do next, does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hi ghoodguy and welcome to BC. smile.png

Please try running a diagnostic hard drive test for the drive and follow it with memory test http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

The hard drive brand has an online support available (seagate, WD, toshiba) for download and create a bootable disc and run the short/long test and see if it reports any errors. A Short test error or fail would mean you don't need to run the long test.

Tekken

#3 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the welcome! So I ran the memory test, currently on its 3rd run through, with 2 passes, and 0 errors. I have 2 hard drives, a Kingston 120GB V+200 SSD and a WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA III (WD5000AAKX) I had no luck finding a bootable disc for the Kingston SSD, and the one I found on the WD website didn't work. Do you know where exactly I would find these? I checked the support section of the Kingston site and it didn't help and for the WD it had a diagnostic for DOS that was it. Thanks!

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

You can finish the ram test and or alternately swap one stick at a time to check on the difference. It's either coming from the RAM module or the video card itself according to the stop error reference.

Tekken

#5 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I ran each stick by itself in each port on my motherboard and i got 0 errors each time on both sticks, and i ran my pc on integrated graphics with my graphics card disconnected and still got the error

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

Try pressing F8 and choose startup repair. If you can boot to windows, run also sfc /scannow on cmd prompt. You can also run sfc using the Windows disc http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

Tekken

#7 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I cant even get to that point in the startup. Once I start running the windows disk, I get the black screen with a giant loading bar, then it starts to load windows with the 4 dots that turn into the windows icon, then it goes to the blue screen again :(

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Can you try removing the hard drive(s) and see if a bluescreen reappears?

Tekken

#9 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah it still happens. It cant be a RAM, hard drive or graphics card issue, so i assume its a mother board proble or i read it could be my powersuply but im not sure how to check that

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

It's time for removing certain components until the bluescreen error disappears. The memtest is not a 100% success approval if no errors are not found. The best way is to remove one stick alternately on different slots then go for the Video card after.

Tekken

#11 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

That what I forgot to say, so far i removed the video card and stil had the error, then I did a test on all 4 slots and it was 0 test errors, then i tried with one stick at a time in each slot using bot of my ram and got the error every time.

#12 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

What was the last or latest bluescreen error?

Tekken

#13 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Still the same as always, 0xc0000005 c0000145

#14 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Sorry for a late reply but, how is everything running? Can you try removing all RAM sticks this time with onboard video only? Remove for a couple of minutes then reinsert the CMOS battery while doing this.

Tekken

#15 ghoodguy

ghoodguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

I called the place I ordered all my parts from whe Ibuilt my computer and  I am taking it in to them tomorrow to fix it. I appreciate all the help you gave me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users