Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xytor

xytor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:03 PM

hey, while i was formatting a disk earlier, my monitor all of the sudden said power off in 5 seconds. I restarted my computer and nothing came up but the "power off in 5 seconds" message. I tried the monitor on a different computer and it works so then i figured it was the video card. i recently installed a Nvidia 6600 agp video card so it shouldn't be shot but just incase i put my old one back in. I got the same problem from the monitor. I dont have a monitor connection on my motherboard so cant try any other connections. I was thinking that if i had messed up video card settings i could still run my computer in safe mode to get it back to normal but i cant even get that far...it wont even show the windows loading screen. Also my keyboard and laser mouse arent lighting up when i start the computer. I checked all my connections so i dont think its a power issue but im so confused. Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

It seems that your motherboard is not installed correctly...

I am thinking that the mounting screws might not be in the right holes... might want to check that out. Because if just one is in the wrong place it could cause the motherboard to malfunction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users