Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hobbiest

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerK1

ComputerK1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

Hi Everyone, - I too just logged on from LangaList, which is a great site and very helpful for learning what is going on in computers. I checked this site out and felt it could help in more structured ways to learn more, and more about computers.

There is so much to learn, and things I want to do with my computer. From just basic errors and crashing and saving things to XHTML, web sites, Linux. What to remove and what you need to keep. Computer video editing. And just a lot of things and more to learn everyday.

I get MaximumPC. PCPhoto and Videomaker Magizines.

Here goes !! Sincerely, - ComputerK1 :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:02 PM

Feel free to visit one of our forums and post your questions! We will be more than happy to help out.

Want to relax and play one of our forum games and get to know some other members, you can do that as well

:thumbsup:

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:49 PM

Good to see you check in ComputerK1

Hopefully, you'll find items to help and stimulate you too!

Share with us as you are able.

regards
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:19 PM

:thumbsup: ComputerK1. We all thank you for joining.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:21 PM

What to remove and what you need to keep.

Well, ya' hit the nail on the head there, ComputerK1. I'm studyin' in my typical trial & error way, the very thing that gets this whole thing goin' (sometimes in circles, I think). I freshly reload winXPpro, an upgrade to win98, and then throw SP2 at it. This lastest time around I patiently sat here and made a screenshot of everything I saw when opening every file (hidden & system included) from "top to bottom" that appears when you Start-->My Computer-->C:\ local drive-->view hidden files-->unhide system files-->The File Tree one after another opened ends up lookin' like these figures
  • Documents and Settings (all .jpg...3.63MB - 3.22MB zipped)
  • Program Files (all .jpg...2.24MB - 2.01MB zipped)
  • WINDOWS (all .jpg...44.60MB - 27.70MB zipped)
which is how it starts...and then, still before loading anything else like drivers & firewall & anti-virus & extra browser & anti-malware or any updates...
I place the SP2 CD in the CD-RW using Microsoft drivers and do it all over again:
  • WINDOWS with SP2 (all .jpg...41.70MB - 38.20MB zipped)
My how the files change when ya' get busy loadin' programs. I just wanted to see at a glance, what the heck happens when ya' do that. It's ironic that I place yet another 1.63 GB on my HD when I constantly marvel at the number of things this OS is designed to do, for instance "Tour Windows XP". :flowers: Gosh, I'd like to..........and to quote a BC friend, "Hopefully, you'll find items to help and stimulate you too!" :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:47 PM

Welcome! Man that langlist is doing well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users