Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't find the laptop drivers, can anyone help, please?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I've been passed an old laptop to get running, and I've formatted it and it's working fine, but there is no sound. The laptop is a Hi-Grade 8615 GTK. I've never even heard of "Hi-Grade" before, is it a badge for a better known brand or manufacturer? The OS is Windows XP, SP2 (I didn't want to put VIsta/7/8 in it as the laptop has only 1GB of RAM), and according to Everest the PCI/PnP Audio is

"Realtek ALC260 @ VIA VT8237A High Definition Audio Controller PCI"

It's really the sound driver I'm after, as everything else seems OK with the default XP installation, but if possible I'd like to find all of the drivers.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Appears as possible Fujitsu system, but I don't see any hard data reflecting that.

http://www.driversforfree.com/omn_ofm_omd/hi-grade/professional-series/8615/drivers.aspx

Louis

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

If it really is the ALC260 then this page should lead to the drivers. Make sure to download the drivers for your Operating System.

Between that page and this page that pretty much covers the Realtek sound drivers.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks both of you, but I've found the drivers at

ftp://ftp.higrade.com/2010

and now the laptop's working fine (and I'll put the drivers on CD in case I ever nee them again, of course). I appreciate your help, though, thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users