Lets try the AVG Rescue CD:
"AVG rescue CD is basically a portable version of AVG anti-virus, which runs on linux distribution as bootable CD or bootable USB flash drive. This Rescue CD is equipped with AVG Antivirus , AVG Anti Spyware and some administrator recovery tool.
You can scan and remove computer virus without booting operating system first. It is suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems) from virus and spyware attack. Meanwhile, Administrator toolset on AVG rescue disk are Windows Registry editor, a TestDisk utility for data recovering and lost partitions, a file browser for navigating folders, and a Ping tool for basic network diagnostics."
Please Note: Windows does not have to load for this scanner to work.AVG Rescue CD Guide-check here
You can download AVG rescue CD HERE
It's also located on ThisPage
, make sure you download the .iso
Here's how it goes:
Download and install Active@ ISO Burner
for ISOBurner Instructions.
Install the program, and follow the next set of steps.
After you install Active@ ISO Burner, put a blank cd-r in your burner and double click on the AVG Rescue CD.iso you downloaded and Active@ ISO Burner should automatically open up.....now click BURN.
The program is very easy to use, you'll just be pressing Enter most of the time but here's how it goes:
1. After the rescue cd is made, boot-up the sick computer, put the rescue cd in and then restart it.
Note: In order to do so, the computer must be set to boot from the CD first. For information on how to do that....click HERE
2. At the Boot Menu: Choose AVG Rescue CD (1) and press Enter
3. Let it load, at the "Disclaimer Screen"... just choose I agree or not and press Enter
4. At the "Update Screen", choose Yes and press Enter
Next screen, Choose Update from Internet and press Enter
5. At the "Update Priority Configuration" window, choose Priority 2 Virus Database Update and press Enter
6. Let it update and when finished, Press any key to continue
7. You end up back at the "Update Screen", choose Return and press Enter
8. Your at the "Main Menu" screen, choose Scan, press Enter
9. "Scan Type Menu", choose "Volumes Scan - Selected Volumes" and press Enter
10. "Scan Volumes", choose "OK" and press Enter
11. "Scan Options", choose "OK" and press Enter
12. "Run Scan", choose "Yes" and press Enter
13. When scan is complete, Press any key to continue
14. "Info screen", choose "OK" and press Enter
15. To see the scan report, select "Report File" and press Enter
Please look over the list as some files can be crucial for the Windows system and deleting them can make it inoperative, if in your not sure please Google
the file or files.
16. "Scan Results Menu", use the up and down keys and choose "Select - Handle single or groups of infected files", press Enter
Go through the files and choose to Rename the infected file
, don't choose Delete!This is important....Rename<---
17. Read the "Warning Screen", "Yes" and Enter
18. Back to "Scan Results Menu", choose "Back or Return" to get to the "Main Menu" and then choose ---->Reboot System
Don't forget to take out the rescue cd.
19. All the malware files will be renamed to "_INFECTED.arl", to find all of these files....
Go to Start > Search > All Files and Folders > type "_INFECTED.arl" and click search.
Example: malware.exe would be renamed to malware.exe_infected.arl
20. Note: If you find the cd doesn't load, it's most likely do to a bad download or bad burn, download the file again and burn it at a slower speed.